Affirmative and Cognizant Facilities
These are an ever-changing list of long term care facilities that are marketed to the general public but are particularly friendly to the LGBT population and show some level of cognizance to the unique issues they face.
Los Angeles County:
This list provided by Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center and is based upon reviews from the past 6 months. They consider these facilities as “friendly to the LGBT population” after reviewing questionnaires, conducting on site walk through of facilities, interviewing the staff and on site training by their center personnel. These facilities tend to be friendly toward couples, include sexual orientation and gender identity in their non-discrimination statements, train staff in LGBT issues, and may have staff and residents with "out status." Note: Since 1999, DSS regulatations mandate that all assisted living facilities include the categories of sexual orientation and gender identity in their non-discrimination statements, many do not.
Skilled Nursing Facilities in LA County
- Country Villa Wilshire: Located in Fairfax area of west LA. Provides 24 hour skilled nursing. 81 beds. Medicare and Medi-Cal certified
- Country Villa Pavilion: Located in the Museum Row area of LA. Provides 24 hour skilled nursing. 59 beds. Medicare and Medi-Cal certified.
Assisted Living and Alzheimer Care in LA County
- Belmont Village:Situated in the heart of Westwood. Licensed as a RCFE and offers independent living, assisted living and Alzheimer’s care.
- Kingsley Manor:Located in Hollywood. Licensed as a RCFE and offers independent living, assisted living and Alzheimer's care
- City View Villas:: Located in Hancock Park. Licensed as a RCFE and offers independent to assisted living to Alzheimer's care.
San Francisco County:
List provided by Openhouse and is based upon questionnaires that ask about the inclusion of sexual orientation, gender identity in their non discrimination statements, training of staff in LGBT issues, “out status” of staff and residents.
Skilled Nursing Facilities in SF County
This nonprofit, licensed skilled nursing center specializes in care, services, and programs for older adults. Medicare and Medi-Cal certified.
Assisted Living and Alzheimer Care in SF County
Offer independent senior living, memory care, and assisted living in San Francisco.
This is a nonprofit, Lutheran faith-based assisted living facility in San Francisco.
This is a nonprofit, Lutheran faith-based assisted living facility in San Rafael.
This privately owned assisted living facility is located in San Francisco