A female resident with a well-documented history of problems with eating and swallowing died on 7/26/2014 after choking. The facility's records showed the resident was left alone with her meal tray in the dining room. Later her face appeared bluish and she was given the Heimlich maneuver. One nurse noted her meat was not chopped as it should have been and the arriving emergency medical technicians found a large piece of meat in the resident's airway. In the emergency room, another large piece was found obstructing her left main stem bronchus. The facility was cited for failing to follow choking precautions, which led to the death of the resident.